Thursday, October 10, 2013

There is a safe place.

In my search for where we want to live for the next three years, I am always concerned about it being a safe place for our girls. I know they are young and I don’t need to worry so much, still there is so much bad in the world. I love my children more than I can describe and I don’t want anything bad to happen to them. I don’t want them to be led astray by bad teachers in school or bad friends. I don’t want this confused world to take influence on my innocent children. Thoughts like this make it difficult to live anywhere. We are very blessed to live in a time when the Heavens are open. God speaks to us. He answered my prayer through one of his apostles. During conference Pres. Packer addressed the exact concern that I had. In one simple sentence that spoke straight to my heart. “There is a safe place. It is in a gospel-centered home.” It doesn’t matter what the world is like outside. It matters what it is like in our homes. I am very grateful to have grown up in a gospel-centered home. I hope to make my home a gospel-centered home.

#4  

No comments:

Post a Comment